Farscape 20th anniv...

Farscape 20th anniversary  

RSS

(@ptylus)
18/03/2019 8:50 pm  

So we got our news, but not exactly the news we expected. Farscape and PK-wars will be uploaded to Amazon Prime. This is of course great news, but I'm still pretty dissapointed. I got my hopes up too much... It seems that we'll have to wait a little longer until we finally get concrete evidence that Farscape will be continued. Despite that we still got some great news today: Peacekeeper Wars has been remastered in HD and this new version will launch on Amazon Prime alongside the 4 seasons. Another exciting thing is that the soundtrack of the show finally gets some more recognition, it'll be released on Vinyl! As a person that prefers CD's this is mildly dissapointing but still really exciting. There will also be collectables released by Chronicle Collectibles, Toy Vault, and Trevco in the coming months. And we can search for news using the #farscapenow, this is because Henson Company has acknowledged it's existence and will use it (although with a different intention than what the fans use it for...). They say that they will use it for "specific Prime Video territory details and any upcoming announcements." This gives me hope that there will be even more news, as I really want some other things that haven't been announced yet (PK-Wars HD Blu-ray and Omnibus Vol. 2). After that, we get a quote from Brian Henson about how much he loves the show, nothing new. And that's pretty much the end of the press-release. But there's more: IGN uploaded an article in which they asked Brian Henson about the topic we're all, of course, the most interested in: New Farscape.

"Given that the television industry is in love with reboots, is a return to Farscape’s Uncharted Territories possible? Henson said it might be, but he added that the idea of re-telling the original story with a new cast holds no appeal. And though Henson has floated the idea of a Farscape movie in the past, he said he currently believes that a movie isn’t the right fit, and that Farscape would need to come back in some kind of longer format."

So the idea of a Farscape movie is finally out of the window, and I'm glad. Not just because this way we'll get more hours of Farscape, but also because I firmly believed that a movie was too short. Just 1,5 hours to reintroduce the characters, explain the situation they're in, and fight the threat they come across?! This would result in not that much time dedicated to the relations of our beloved characters, what was exactly the thing we liked the most about the original series. Henson also told IGN that we would definitely see these beloved characters again, played by the original actors.

So we can finally be happy that Farscape is back (but not really back), and that The Henson Company will feed us with old Farscape until we finally get our long-awaited meal of new Farscape. Eventually. Hopefully...

Douglas liked
Share:
  •  
    Shares
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •