UPDATE  

RSS

(@Douglas)
Member Admin
04/01/2019 3:45 pm  

Hi all. Sorry for the long delay in posting any new material here. Shortly after I launched FarscapeContinues.space a person claiming to be a Web site expert approached me and offered to help with the back end programming of expanding the site. The coding is a lot of work, I hate doing that side of it, I had not has a day off in over two years, and the person seemed to check out so I agreed. I gave the person limited access to the site and what improvements I hoped to make. Three days later, when I went to the site it was unreadable. Either by incompetence or ill will the person had changed the formatting and installed some weird obsolete plugins and made the site illegible and unusable for visitors. The person also had deleted things including, interestingly, the backup of the site settings. Good thing I did not give this person root access to the site and passwords to my social media as the person had requested.

It took me hours to restore the site to a usable state and it was dispiriting to have someone abuse my trust in that way. Then end of term hit (my day job is being a university professor) which takes up two whole weeks of my life and then I had a mild physical collapse because, seriously, I had not had a day off in over two years. So I have taken two weeks off for my mental and physical health. I am only getting back to life today.

Anyway, that is the explanation for why nothing has happened on FarscapeContinues.space for awhile. I apologize for any inconvenience. Set backs do not defeat me long-term. I am back to work and new content here and on my other sites are coming.

Peace,
Douglas

(@michaeltaylor)
11/01/2019 5:05 pm  

Sorry to hear that happened to you. It is a big let down when people try to cheat you like that. Glad you are back at it. I'd offer to help but I am no good at web stuff, lol.

ReplyQuote
Share:
  •  
    Shares
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •